This interactive short course* aims to equip workers with basic skills, knowledge, understanding, approaches and strategies to work effectively with survivors of past and current/ongoing trauma. In particular, this course will explore the way that complex trauma, caused by early childhood abuse and neglect, impacts survivors and outlines a number of principles and approaches for working in a trauma-informed way with children and families. Additionally, there is a focus on understanding and responding to Aboriginal intergenerational trauma using both mainstream and traditional Aboriginal healing methods to optimise worker practice.
Course content draws on and aligns with current, sector best-practice. A range of activities provide learners in diverse roles with opportunities to develop practical skills to enhance their work with trauma survivors. A blend of mainstream, clinical, non-clinical, (recovery), Aboriginal and lived-experience expertise has been utilised to develop the course materials.
* An accredited version of this course (CHCMHS007) is available. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
No prior learning assumed.
Course offered to people currently employed in the community sector.
$650 per person
Online through Zoom
Included in the course
A comprehensive learner guide for practitioners
A certificate of participation at completion of course
- Describe the different types of trauma
- Identify a variety of impacts and indicators of trauma
- Demonstrate effective responses to indicators and impacts of trauma
- Discuss key principles of Trauma Informed Practice and develop relevant strategies for incorporating these principles into work practice
- Consider the importance of relationship for fostering recovery and healing and demonstrate ways to include this in client interactions
- Promote safe environments and relationships with trauma survivors to prevent traumatisation and re‑traumatisation
- Develop skills to respond to behaviours of distress using the principles of trauma informed care
- Identify and build on clients’ resources, strengths and protective factors
- Identify self‑care strategies
|Trauma Informed Care||26 October & 9 November 2022||09:30 am - 04:30 pm||Online||15||$580.00|